For centuries, shagreen, this pebbly stingray skin covered sword and dagger handles in Japan, and 18th century French furniture. At Atelier Viollet, we endlessly experiment with this enamel-hard skin. Often sanding it to highlight its natural patterns. We’ve transformed furniture and even entire interiors with this naturally enduring and versatile gift from the ocean.
- Exposure to liquid may cause delamination & permanent staining of the skin.
- Protect from extensive sun exposure, which will cause the color to fade and possible skin contraction.
- Use a dry clean cloth to wipe away dust.
- Avoid application of any cleaning agent.
- Recommended relative humidity range of 30% – 60%.
- Recommended temperature range of 55° – 80°.