Parchment has a much fabled past. Without it, there would be very little recorded human history prior to the Industrial Revolution. The Dead Sea Scrolls were preserved on parchment. The Magna Carta, too. Even drafts of the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Over the course of 30 years, Atelier Viollet has mastered the use of these finely tanned goat and lamb skins. Our craftsmen utilize techniques that allow us to mold this beautiful material to virtually any shape.
- Prolonged exposure to liquid may cause delamination & permanent staining of the skin.
- All of our parchment surfaces are protected with a thin coat of lacquer.
- Parchment surfaces can be cleaned with mild soapy water, avoid rubbing as this can buff the finish and affect the sheen.
- Use a dry clean cloth to wipe away dust.
- Avoid application of any cleaning agent.
- Recommended relative humidity range of 30% – 60%.
- Recommended temperature range of 55° – 80°.