Straw Marquetry is a traditional technique that is thought to have originated in Europe. Each piece of wheat, rye or oat straw is opened, flattened and dyed by hand. Then it’s clean, iridescent patterns are inlaid on furniture and exquisite interiors. Very few other furniture makers even attempt this demanding, but gorgeously rewarding technique.
- Straw is a delicate material and should be treated with great care.
- Use a dry clean cloth to wipe away dust.
- Avoid application of any cleaning agent or liquid, as delamination may occur.
- Recommended relative humidity range of 30% – 60%.
- Recommended temperature range of 55Â° – 80Â°.